Error message ad date and time

GarrySmithwick
I have rexx programs that run overnight and are hidden.  If a program gets a syntax error, rexx pops up an error message box that says "error" and gives the error code.  Would it be possible for rexx to include the date and time of the failure in the message box?  Also, the name of the failing program would be very helpful.  Right now, all I know from the error message is that some rexx program failed at some time.  Thanks

Re: Error message ad date and time

LesK
Administrator
What Rexx interpreter at what level, hardware and OS version?
Remember, SIGNAL is your friend :-)

Re: Error message ad date and time

GarrySmithwick
Object Rexx 4.2.0 on Windows 7.  I know there are ways I could try to capture the error, but to me it makes sense for Rexx to at least timestamp the error message.  Including the name of the failing program would be a bonus.  Anytime an error occurs in any program, first data capture is very important.  The more info available at the time of the failure, the better.

Re: Error message ad date and time

LesK
Administrator
See:

<https://sourceforge.net/p/oorexx/feature-requests/712/>

Les

On 3/8/2018 1:32 PM, GarrySmithwick [via Rexx Language Association
Forum] wrote:

> Object Rexx 4.2.0 on Windows 7.  I know there are ways I could try to capture
> the error, but to me it makes sense for Rexx to at least timestamp the error
> message.  Including the name of the failing program would be a bonus.
> Anytime an error occurs in any program, first data capture is very
> important.  The more info available at the time of the failure, the better.

Re: Error message ad date and time

GarrySmithwick
Great.   Thanks