How to manually install Regina in MacOS Sierra and OSX El Captain?

How to manually install Regina in MacOS Sierra and OSX El Captain?

sliberman
Hi,
I have two Macs, a Mac mini using latest MacOS Sierra, and a much older Macbook Pro that is limited to using OSX El Captain.

The Regina Mac installation files indicate that they were verified with OS X Yosemite.
Since there is no Mac installer app, the installation is manual.

Questions:
1) Is Regina compatible with MacOS Sierra and OSX El Captain?

2) How is the manual install done? I could not find instructions for the manual installation.

TIA,
Sergio

Re: How to manually install Regina in MacOS Sierra and OSX El Captain?

alansamps
I can't comment on El Capitan but I've just dropped Regina on got my macOS Sierra MacBook.

The steps were:
1. Download the latest tar from SorceForge
2. Expand the tar into a directory
3. Add the bin directory to my PATH environment var.
3. Add the lib directory to the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment var.
5. Run regina -v

Result:
 regina: REXX-Regina_3.9.1(MT) 5.00 5 Apr 2015 (64 bit)

I would expect the same on El Cap. too.