New to rexx How to compile a simple prog

New to rexx How to compile a simple prog

nagendrarp2k8
Hi Team,

    I am learning rexx so i installed  Regina Rexx interpreter.Then i wrote the simple program from my desktop using
Regina rexx.Once done i am unable to compile program.May i know the process to compile and execute the rexx code.

Re: New to rexx How to compile a simple prog

Rene Jansen
Administrator
Hi Nagendra,

if you installed the Regina Rexx interpreter, you only have to open a shell and issue the ‘rexx’  command, followed by the name of the file that you put your program in. Like:

rexx myprogram.rex

The program then will be executed by the interpreter. Regina is not a compiler; so it will run your program, but it will not make an executable out of it.

best regards,

René.

On 11 Apr 2018, at 06:28, nagendrarp2k8 [via Rexx Language Association Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Team,

    I am learning rexx so i installed  Regina Rexx interpreter.Then i wrote the simple program from my desktop using
Regina rexx.Once done i am unable to compile program.May i know the process to compile and execute the rexx code.

http://rexx-language-association-forum.44760.x6.nabble.com/New-to-rexx-How-to-compile-a-simple-prog-tp4322.html
To start a new topic under Rexx Language Association Forum, [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Rexx Language Association Forum, click here.
NAML