[RexxLA] Obtaining data out of cloud based WebService API

[RexxLA] Obtaining data out of cloud based WebService API

Michael Lueck
Greetings RexxLA'ers,

I am hoping there is a robust ooRexx solution to obtaining data out of cloud based WebService API.

Perhaps is Rexx/cURL the tool to turn to?

I am guessing https:// will be a requirement... I do not have the cloud app API yet.

This interface will need to poll for new data arriving to the cloud, when new data is found retrieve the data.

Suggestions and sample code welcomed.

I am thankful,

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems

Re: [RexxLA] Obtaining data out of cloud based WebService API

LesK
Administrator
Is it your intention to keep a mirror copy of all the data?
Do you know anything about what is hosting this cloud data?
I'm guessing that any help would depend on answers to the above!

Les

On 12/26/2017 4:21 PM, Michael Lueck wrote:

> Greetings RexxLA'ers,
>
> I am hoping there is a robust ooRexx solution to obtaining data out of
> cloud based WebService API.
>
> Perhaps is Rexx/cURL the tool to turn to?
>
> I am guessing https:// will be a requirement... I do not have the cloud
> app API yet.
>
> This interface will need to poll for new data arriving to the cloud,
> when new data is found retrieve the data.
>
> Suggestions and sample code welcomed.
>
> I am thankful,

Re: [RexxLA] Obtaining data out of cloud based WebService API

Michael Lueck
Greetings Les,

Les Koehler wrote:
> Is it your intention to keep a mirror copy of all the data?

This is for a cloud based vendor quote receiving interface.

Data in the quote record will be downloaded and stored as a new record into the ERP system I developed for this client.

Once the data has been extracted from the cloud record, the ERP system will have no further use of it.

I am thankful,

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems
http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/

Re: [RexxLA] Obtaining data out of cloud based WebService API

Michael Beer
I use regina for that purpose with curl, which supports http and https.
The calling convention could be GET or POST, both are supported by curl.

You could create your command like  curl -X POST -d"parm=xxx" https://api.whatever.com
And use address command cmd with [input stem in.] output stem out.

Using regina (or ooRexx) with curl will solve your problem, you just have to know exactly, what the calling convention of your API is.

Best regards
Mike

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Re: [RexxLA] Obtaining data out of cloud based WebService API

Dan Carter
Either that or develop an ooRexx connector for Mulesoft;  you still would
need the contract.

1/137