[RexxLA] Which king for which Rexx ?

Rony G. Flatscher
Hi there,

wondering which king would be for the original "REXX", the king of spades or the king of hearts?

NetRexx seems to have the king of hearts, so would REXX have the king of spades?

Are there any images that would be free to be used on web sites and in software? If so, where could
one get a hold of them?

TIA,

---rony

Re: [RexxLA] Which king for which Rexx ?

Michael Beer
Maybe get something from shutterstock:
https://www.shutterstock.com/de/image-photo/ten-jack-queen-king-ace-spades-1232591

but maybe Mike Cowlishaw can point to the image used in his book.

Best regards
Mike

mfc

Re: [RexxLA] Which king for which Rexx ?

mfc
Long story there!!

O'Hara & Gomberg were first with their book (Modern Programming Using REXX) and used the King of Hearts.  My book followed (1st edition, 'blue' cover) and P-H decided to use King of Spades for it .. but (apart from changing colour and the heart to a spade) used the image of the King of Hearts.

Second edition used the 'correct' King of Spades image.  NetRexx went back to the King of Hearts.

Re free-to-use .. you'll have to google.  There are probably Royalty-free variations available.

Mike

mfc

Re: [RexxLA] Which king for which Rexx ?

mfc
(To answer the general question:  the 'correct' king  for Rex of any kind, and however many Xs, is the King of Hearts.)

Mike

Re: [RexxLA] Which king for which Rexx ?

Rony G. Flatscher
Dear Mike,

thank you very much!

Best regards,

---rony

On 28.08.2017 18:02, mfc wrote:
> (To answer the general question:  the 'correct' king  for Rex of any kind,
> and however many Xs, is the King of Hearts.)
>
> Mike

Re: [RexxLA] Which king for which Rexx ?

John Timmons

How about,

The King Of Spades (who has The Sword)...because Classic REXX can cut through a lot of programming problems for you... And the Queen of Hearts can get to the heart of every program solution you desire. 😊

The One-Eyed King (Of Diamonds) and the One-Eyed Jack (Of Hearts) together can make up a whole solution for your programming needs under Object-Oriented Rexx. 😎

And the Three Jacks (Of Spades, Clubs, and Diamonds) represent the mischief that can happen if you use another language. 😲

John T. 😊 😎 😋

> (To answer the general question:  the 'correct' king  for Rex of any kind,
> and however many Xs, is the King of Hearts.)
>
> Mike

Re: [RexxLA] Which king for which Rexx ?

Michael Beer

Just received this mail from MIT Open Courseware:

From poker to Python we've got updates in spades!

😉