[RexxLA] ooRexx Merge Excel to Outlook Email

[RexxLA] ooRexx Merge Excel to Outlook Email

RockFox
Recent versions of Outlook (2013+) cannot use data from Excel workbooks to
do a Mail Merge.

I wanted to send out a personalized email to the new inductees to the Order
of Knights of VM.
I had an Excel spreadsheet with their names and email addresses.
I wrote an ooRexx script to merge the Excel data into an Outlook email.
The program is uploaded to https://tinyurl.com/SRU-Public
with a sample Excel file.

/Fran Hensler at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA for 52 years
mailto:[hidden email]       http://users.zoominternet.net/~RockFox/SRU
                 "Yes, Virginia, there is a Slippery Rock"

Re: [RexxLA] ooRexx Merge Excel to Outlook Email

RockFox
On Friday I wrote:
Recent versions of Outlook (2013+) cannot use data from Excel workbooks to
do a Mail Merge.

That is not true.  There is a very good article at:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Mail-merge-using-an-Excel-spreadshe
et-858C7D7F-5CC0-4BA1-9A7B-0A948FA3D7D3
about how to do it by composing the email body in Word.

Anyway, writing my ooRexx program to do it was fun and may be instructional
to someone who wants to send Outlook email created solely in ooRexx.

/Fran