RexxLA website and mailing lists down

Rene Jansen
Administrator
For the members of RexxLA that are also members of this list:

The RexxLA server (the 'RICE' server) has experienced increasing problems over a number of months and has finally expired. This leaves RexxLA without website and mailing lists, for the moment.

The good news is: our board member Mark Hessling has installed a new machine, on a VM that was donated by Safe Data International. Because the website has been maintained in a version management system for some time, it could be completely restored.

We are waiting for a DNS change to be connected to the outside world again. The mail flow will also resume then; with the inherent nature of email we cannot guarantee that all in-flight messages are retained.

(You might receive multiple copies of this message, depending on the number of Rexx-related lists you are subscribed to. My apologies for this.)

best regards,

René Jansen,
President, Rexx Language Association.

Re: RexxLA website and mailing lists down

LesK
Administrator
I've been doing some poking around and testing to see if we missed moving anything. So far, almost everything looks
pretty good.

Les

Re: RexxLA website and mailing lists down

René Vincent Jansen
Les,

thanks to you and Mark we are on the air again. A heartfelt thanks on behalf of our membership for your hard work!

René.

Re: RexxLA website and mailing lists down

LesK
Administrator
Thanks, René but my contribution is miniscule compared to Mark's wizardry! He deserves all the Kudos!!

Les