rexxc

TomK
I have WIn 10/32 bit and oorexx 4.0

I'm trying to compile oorexx sample qtime.rex: like so:

rexxc  qrtime.rex  qtime.exe

It seems to compile but when I doubleclick executable icon I get Windows error:

"THE NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction..."

I tried using Win compatibility settings to correct but to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced same issue?

Re: rexxc

Gil Barmwater-3

Tom,

It appears you have misunderstood the purpose of the rexxc utility program.  It doesn't actually "compile" the input rexx file but rather produces a file that Rexx can execute without having to first check for syntax errors.  Its output is an abstract source tree, not a Windows executable.  So once you have the output file - I'd probably name it something like qtime.rxc, not qtime.exe - you can run it with rexx qtime.rxc.

HTH,

Gil B.
On 6/25/2017 8:16 AM, TomK [via Rexx Language Association Forum] wrote:
I have WIn 10/32 bit and oorexx 4.0

I'm trying to compile oorexx sample qtime.rex: like so:

rexxc  qrtime.rex  qtime.exe

It seems to compile but when I doubleclick executable icon I get Windows error:

"THE NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction..."

I tried using Win compatibility settings to correct but to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced same issue?

http://rexx-language-association-forum.44760.x6.nabble.com/rexxc-tp4026.html
To start a new topic under Rexx Language Association Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Rexx Language Association Forum, click here.
NAML

Gil Barmwater

Re: rexxc

TomK
Hi, Gil --

Thanks for fast response.  I did and understood what you said
and everything is OK.

Thanks again.

Tom